SEVEN YEARS IN TIBET
de HARRER, Heinrich
- Tapa dura
- Fine with the maroon cotton sleeve, black cloth ties, and teak boards
Fleetwood, Pennsylvania, United States
Formas de pago aceptadas
Sobre este artículo
Seven Years in Tibet is an autobiography written by Austrian mountaineer Heinrich Harrer based on his real life experiences in Tibet between 1944 and 1951. The story takes place during the Second World War and the interim period before the Communist Chinese People's Liberation Army moved into Tibet in 1950. It narrates the true story of an Austrian prisoner of war who successfully escaped his British captors in India in 1944 on the third attempt. His escape route led him across Tibet. In 1943, Heinrich Harrer, escaped captivity and made his way through the Himalayan passes to the Forbidden City of Lhasa in Tibet and finally lived for years in Lhasa becoming a tutor to the Dalai Lama. Seven Years in Tibet was first published in Germany before being acquired by Dutton.
(¡Iniciar sesión or Crear una cuenta primero!)
- Charles Agvent (US)
- Inventario del vendedor #
- SEVEN YEARS IN TIBET
- HARRER, Heinrich
- Heinrich Harrer
- Tapa dura
- Estado del libro
- Usado - Fine with the maroon cotton sleeve, black cloth ties, and teak boards
- Cantidad disponible
- Limited Editions Club
- Lugar de publicación
- New York
- Fecha de publicación
- Palabras clave
- Signed, Mountain Climbing, Movie Source, Memoir, LEC, Asia, Tibet, Mountains, Illustrated Books, Limited Editions Club, Fine Press
- Catálogos del vendedor
Términos de venta
All books subject to prior sale. Payment with order; institutions may be billed. Postage additional: $11.00 for the first book, $6.00 each thereafter. Overseas postage billed at approximate cost. Pennsylvania residents must add 6% sales tax. Mastercard, Visa, and American Express accepted. We are also open to reasonable payment terms. A book may be returned within 7 days of receipt for any reason provided it is in the same condition as sent and prior notice is given. Please insure returns for their full value.
Sobre el vendedor
Sobre Charles Agvent
Algunos términos que podrían usarse en esta descripción incluyen:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
- The term quarto is used to describe a page or book size. A printed sheet is made with four pages of text on each side, and the...