Seven Years in Tibet.
de HARRER, HEINRICH
- Ver descripción
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Formas de pago aceptadas
Sobre este artículo
Seven Years in Tibet is an autobiography written by Austrian mountaineer Heinrich Harrer based on his real life experiences in Tibet between 1944 and 1951. The story takes place during the Second World War and the interim period before the Communist Chinese People's Liberation Army moved into Tibet in 1950. It narrates the true story of an Austrian prisoner of war who successfully escaped his British captors in India in 1944 on the third attempt. His escape route led him across Tibet. In 1943, Heinrich Harrer, escaped captivity and made his way through the Himalayan passes to the Forbidden City of Lhasa in Tibet and finally lived for years in Lhasa becoming a tutor to the Dalai Lama. Seven Years in Tibet was first published in Germany before being acquired by Dutton.
(¡Iniciar sesión or Crear una cuenta primero!)
- Asia Bookroom (AU)
- Inventario del vendedor #
- Seven Years in Tibet.
- HARRER, HEINRICH
- Estado del libro
- First Edition.
- Hart Davis.
- Lugar de publicación
- Fecha de publicación
- Palabras clave
- Biography, China, Dalai Lama, Himalayas, Tibet, Tibetan Buddhism, zz_Gallery_Out_of_Print_and_Secondhand_Books, zz_ListOn_eBay
Términos de venta
We offer a full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives mis-described or damaged. Please contact us first before returning any item.
Sobre el vendedor
Sobre Asia Bookroom
Asia Bookroom issues regular specialised book lists on Asia and invite you to let us know your interests so that we can let you know of new arrivals as they come in to stock. And if you are in Australia's capital city Canberra we hope you will visit our shop!
Algunos términos que podrían usarse en esta descripción incluyen:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages." A leaf is a single sheet...
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...